We are looking for a passionate, skilled and ambitious full-stack developer to be part of our growing team of developers and data scientists in Istanbul. You will be a key member to the design and development of existing and new products. This position requires a range of front-end and back-end programming skills to produce well-engineered, responsive, easy-to-use applications.
Tarfin is Turkey’s only digital retail platform for farm inputs with competitive payment terms. Our mission is to use cutting-edge technology and big data analytics to reduce costs of fertilizers, feed and other farm inputs for farmers. Tarfin’s goal is to ensure that agriculture is profitable even for the country’s smaller farmers.
Tarfin is the most innovative company in its space: We are the first digital platform to focus on providing instant payment terms to farmers, first fintech company to partner with Turkey’s Credit Bureau for data sharing in agriculture, and the first non-financial services company to issue an asset-backed security.
Tarfin is headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey. We are backed by the region’s two leading VC firms: Collective Spark Fund, Wamda Capital.
Skills & Requirements:
- Love to develop software and learn new things every day
- B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years experience creating web applications using backend and frontend technologies
- Expert in PHP with Laravel, Codeigniter, or Symfony experience
- Solid experience in relational databases and SQL (MYSQL and elasticsearch knowledge is a plus)
- Knowledge of Linux Server OS (especially debian-based like Ubuntu)
- Experience with Git and Git Flow
- Deep understanding of statistical and machine learning models and proven experience with applying models to data science problems
- Experience in credit risk modeling
- Great applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, and regressions
- Solid programming skills in Python and/or R
- Familiarity with Git and SQL
- Experience with REST API is a plus
- Being a team player
- Experience in Python (NumPy, Pandas, SciKit-Learn) is a major plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Experience with Reactjs is a plus
- Experience with web scrapping, web crawling modules/libraries (eg. Goutte, Scrapy) is a plus
- Opportunity to choose your OS (Linux, OS X) and IDE (PHP Storm, Vim, Code)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Private health insurance and meal cost assistance
- Access to top advisors, global mentors and investors
- You’ll be part of agriculture’s most innovative, venture-backed fintech team